Tag Archives: cruise

Cruising… Do I Need A Passport?

Summer may be over but the cruisers are still out and thriving. If you planning a cruise in the near future you may be wondering if you need your passport. Generally, for the US the rules are as follows:Boarding pass and passport on map with thumbtack concept for travel and vacations

US Domestic Cruises (including Canada)

For cruises that begin and/or end in a U.S port, the following WHTI-Compliant Documents are acceptable for cruise travel. These standard forms of documentation will enable the Department of Homeland Security to quickly and reliably identify a traveler.

-U.S. Passport
-Passport Card
-State Enhanced Driver’s License
-Certificate of U.S. Naturalization

Also acceptable for cruise travel, U.S. citizens can show proof of citizenship, such as a birth certificate issued by a government agency, accompanied by a government-issued photo I.D.

Entry into Canada: If the cruise includes air travel to or from Canada, a valid, unexpired U.S. passport is required.

Europe and Transatlantic Cruises

U.S citizens are required to carry a passport, valid for three months beyond the date of their visit. Guests are not required to have a Schengen Visa or other visas.

Always double check with your travel agent for the latest information and requirements as this can change at any time.

If you need help with your cruise booking or have any questions, contact me and I will do my best to help.