The Best Places To Visit In The USA
If you live in the USA, you probably dream about visiting some of the amazing places in our world like Paris, Italy, the Caribbean, Holland, the Mexican Riviera, Thailand, Egypt, Machu Picchu and the list could go on forever, but some of the best places to visit in the USA are pretty awesome places right in your own country! Whether you live in the US or not, we have a lot to offer you on your next amazing holiday. Below you will find a list of 5 wonderful destinations, some of the most awe-inspiring places in the US and some that are just plain FUN!
1. Mount Rushmore, built as a way to attract tourists to the area, is a magnificent sculpture that was carved into Mt. Rushmore in the Black Hills region of South Dakota. It is an awe-inspiring monument, America’s Shrine of Democracy featuring the 60-foot faces of four great American presidents who represent the birth, growth, development, and preservation of this country.and Mount Rushmore has become an iconic symbol of the United States.
The Grand Canyon
2. The Grand Canyon is one of the seven natural wonders of the world, drawing nearly 5 million visitors every year. Great for hiking and biking and even camping and you don’t need a ranger to guide you through the park, thanks to the cell phone audio tours available at popular sites throughout the park. Amazing rock formations as far as the eye can see. The museums and yes, the glass bottom bridge. All are sure to delight and leave you in utter amazement.
Yellowstone National Park
3. Yellowstone National Park- with steaming geysers, multicolored pools, bubbling hot springs and hiking trails that stretch for miles, there’s plenty to excite nature lovers of all kinds. Some things just have to be seen to be believed. You can visit Old Faithful, the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone, the Grand Prismatic Spring (pictured above) get a glimpse of the fascinating wildlife in the park and visit the Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center.
4. Hawaii Our very own tropical paradise! You can visit an active volcano and watch fire spitting show as the molten hot lava meets the ocean, visit Pearl Harbor and the USS Arizona. Did you know that it actually does snow in Hawaii, but only at the summit of Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa. There is an observatory at the summit of Mauna Kea and you can actually visit the peak. The peak is 14,000 above sea level, however, the Visitors Information Center at 9,200 is equipped with telescopes for stargazers. You can also attend a luau, the Polynesian Cultural Center or one of the many other Polynesian shows and of course hit the beach for some sand surf and fun, snorkeling, diving or fishing. There are so many fun things to do, it would be impossible to get bored. There is something for everyone.
5. Niagara Falls borders the US and Canada. This is definitely a natural wonder with breath-taking waterfalls. Millions of gallons of water, about 750,000 gallons every second. You can view the magnificent cascade of waterfalls from the decks, boats, and vistas as well as the many trails. You can even a helicopter ride or from the skywheel, which is actually a giant ferris wheel! Make sure that you also visit one of the many museums, like the wax museum, aerospace museum, and the science museum. The spectacular Cave of the Winds Tour takes visitors into the stormy mist zone. You are sure to have an amazing time.
Although there are many beautiful and amazing places all over the world that you should definitely do your best to visit, remember that there are also some incredible sites and destinations that are bringing people from all around the world to your very own backyard that are sure to have plenty to offer you and your family on your next vacation.